Saturday, May 12, 2012

To market, to market

Today was all about markets for me. I started my day with the weekly vege shop. The buy of the week was a monstrous bunch for parsley for Sir Buquebus. That done, it was time to head into the city to visit the Frank Kitts Market as today the theme was Wild and Wooly.

There was so much yarn! Temptation upon temptation upon temptation. I went with the resolve to not buy any sock yarn as I already have so much. I did stick to that. I bought two skeins of Spud and Chloe worsted in apple green instead. It's so deliciously snuggly. Made in Peru as well.

I couldn't go there and not pay the Stitchbird stand a visit. I needed to buy fabric for my cushion making class at Handmade. I came away with half a metre of a green owl print. It is insanely cute.

I then whiled away the afternoon watching Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. It was such a lovely film. Actually I might go see it again, just for Ewan McGregor's accent.

Today was also a great day for parcels. I received three - dresses from Max, angora yarn from the Shearing Shed and a book and the first two seasons of Go Girls from Mighty Ape. Bring on Wednesday and my day off to do a whole lot knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment