Monday, May 14, 2012

2am and a finished project


I'm so so tired at the moment. I've been burning the candle at both ends working and forgoing precious sleeping time to knit. I have my scarf and fingerless mittens to finish and I have been doing a few rows here and there, but this week I couldn't keep away from this hat. It's made from the rest of the angora ball I knitted my last pair of booties in and some alpaca from my stash. It's ridiculously soft and I'm really jealous of the baby that gets to wear it. 

The last time I do stripes for a while though as they are a right b***h to finish - so many ends to sew in! The brim has a false cable pattern. So simple but something different from rib for a change. 

I realised the other day that for all the hours I spend knitting, I don't have much to show for it. I've decided that I haven't been quite selfish enough lately - it's time I finished some lovely things for me to wear. Well that's the plan anyway. The thing with knitting is that you don't know what yarn or pattern will call most strongly to you next. 

Perhaps it will be that gorgeous green yarn in the photo above... I am so in love with it. I just need to find a project beautiful enough to show off the wool. 





No comments:

Post a Comment