Wednesday, May 23, 2012

10 winter knits

This blog's a good way for me to put down my ideas and sometimes, just sometimes, inspires me to stick to things I've said. So tonight I'm going to put on (virtual) paper a road map of sorts for my winter of knitting. These are the things I want done before September ends. That seems a long time away but it's really only 4 months which is not a lot in knitting time (I'm not the fastest or most committed still).


  1. Winter scarf (Shepherd felted lambswool 12ply, beige) - only one ball to go!
  2. Cupcake mittlets (Rowan cashsoft 4ply held double, beige) - one mitten down, 3/4 of the 2nd to go
  3. Baby legwarmers (Knitsch 4ply, pink) - 1/3 of the way through the first leg
  4. Moss stitch baby booties with sheepskin sole (Shepherd 8ply merino, blue)
  5. Winter hat for me (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino chunky, black)
  6. Fingerless mittens (Dehaired angora 2 ply, green or Verandah 'Mr Darcy' 4ply)
  7. Hot water bottle cover (Organic 8ply wool, pink)
  8. A Xmas present for a family member (Cascade 10ply)
  9. Hermione hat - again, love that pattern (Cascade 10ply)
  10. Pom pom flowers (not really knitting but it's made of yarn!)
So that's 9 projects to finish in 18.5 weeks - one a fortnight. It can be done. Hopefully I'll get even more done that I hope. Likely I'll fall off the wagon and finish 10 completely different projects...as long as I have something toasty for my head, hands and neck, I'll be happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment