Sunday, May 27, 2012

Scheming

Brr it is so cold tonight! When it is cold like this I wish I could be somewhere other than Wellington. Somewhere warm. I didn't manage to go for a single swim in the sea this summer - well apart from when I went to Samoa in December...how lovely and warm the water was there! 



And so I'm doing some thinking. I am trying to save money at the moment but would it be that bad if I spent, say, $800-$900 of it and headed to Samoa for a week in August? Having already been there 3 times before I wouldn't have to fork out for anything touristy. I'd want to spend an entire week in Lano, snorkeling, reading, eating and going to church on Sunday. I wonder just how cheaply I could do it...

Accommodation (including 2 large meals a day) = 50 tala x 6 nights = 300 tala
Ferry return to Savai'i = 24 tala
Departure tax = 40 tala
Transport (taxis and buses) = 60 tala
Spending money (for vailima, lunches etc) =150 tala 

= 574 tala (so round it up to 600 tala to be safe)

That's $330 NZ 

Now if I could find flights for under $450 return (preferably under $400), I might just have to book!

I often think I should explore somewhere new, but I know exactly how cheap it is (and how beautiful) so there's no risk of budget blow outs that could crop up if I went somewhere like Noumea. Also August will signal the end of film festival and I'll probably have worked nearly 3 weeks without a day off. A nice, relaxing week on the beach will be just the ticket!


No comments:

Post a Comment