Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blast from the past

The summer after I finished school I got a job as a rabbit shearer. It was a lot of fun. Most of the rabbits lived up on a farm but in Waitomo Caves Village there was a shop where we did shearing demonstrations for tourists and sold souvenirs and knitted goodies/yarn. My job involved a bit of everything - sales, cleaning the cages, shearing rabbits, clipping their toenails and doing commentary for the show. 

It's a shame that I wasn't a knitter back then because the angora yarn we were selling was and still is gorgeous. I've knitted up several balls of it in this past year and have another 3 sitting there just begging to be knit. Actually it's probably a good thing that I didn't knit as I'd have spent all my pay as minimum wage was only $8 back then...

Anyway the reason I mention it is that I got an email from my old boss today (as I had sent her some pictures of things I've knitted in her yarn lately) and she attached a couple of photos of me back when I worked there. They made me laugh so I thought I'd share them. Isn't the bunny cute?!



No comments:

Post a Comment