Wednesday, May 9, 2012

She's back, with presents!

My flatmate is back from England, which is quite exciting in itself, as I was getting a little bored of having just the rabbit for company...he listens well, but doesn't add much to conversation.

She came back with a suitcase full of tea! We're on our third cup now and just had a breakfast of pancakes.

Even more exciting though is that she bought me a present while over there, from her local yarn store. It's Manos del Uruguay yarn and in the most amazing colour - kind of pinky burgundy... I'll post a picture later. I'm so in love with it. Now the fun part begins - it can sit in my stash a while while I think of what to knit with it. Right now I'm leaning towards a hat and matching mittens - there are two skeins.

She also brought me back some nice thick tights from Marks and Spencer - those will help me survive the winter. Can't wait to wear them.

Right, I still have a few hours before my first Samoan class of the year. I was going to walk out to the garden centre but the weather is pretty miserable. Instead I'm going to do some baking and knitting and then head into the city to try on winter coats.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment