- The Muppets - fell in love with the soundtrack (Man or Muppet?) and would definately watch it
- War Horse - acting by the horse and the goose however. How this is up for best picture I do not know!
- Hugo - Oh my gosh! This film is beautiful. The 3D is the best I've seen. I actually went and saw this twice. Sacha Baron Cohen steals the show, well, him and the cute knits.
- Sherlock Holmes 2 - I would probably watch anything with Jude Law in it and this movie was better than I expected it to be. Not fantastic, but entertaining.
- Tintin - not having read the comics this didn't quite live up to all the hype for me but was an easy enough watch.
- The Iron Lady - Meryl was brilliant as ever (as was the glass of wine I drank while watching it - montepulciano) and I found this film really riveting.
- Midnight in Paris - I actually watched this last year and it made my top 5 films of 2011. The story was different, the acting great and the flapper dresses, gorgeous.
- Pina 3D - I'm not a huge dance fan and would never have paid to watch this one. However 3D took it to a whole other level. I'm still confused as to why a man was walking around with a tree on his back though...
- Cave of Forgotten Dreams - The paintings in this cave are absolutely incredible. What could've been just another documentary was turned into something else when the narration was added in. Not sure about the links drawn between radioactive crocodiles and prehistoric cave art but it definately kept me awake and listening.
- Melancholia - one of the best films I've ever seen. Ever. I'd heard such mixed responses and haven't yet forgiven the director for Antichrist (beautiful but so so awful) so I was nervous going into the cinema. I needn't have worried. This film blew me away.
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - I was enjoying this movie but couldn't quite keep my eyes open. I'll have to watch it again. Three words though. Colin Firth, sigh.
- Sione's 2 - the boys are back and not as funny as before. Even I started to find the bolo joke getting a bit stale. It did make me laugh and I did get to see Robbie Magasiva in an ie lavalava so I can't really complain can I? Plus Kirk Torrance's appearance as the leader of the Future Church was a treat.
- Young Adult - one I'd like to watch again. Chalize Theron really outdid herself in this one.
- The Descendants - loved this film and definitely recommend seeing it. George Cloony runs like a bit of a muppet though which was one of several light-hearted moments in a film that dealt with some heavy stuff. It was quite sad to see the way Hawai'i has been developed at the expense of the indigenous people and their ancestral land.
- The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo - not having read the books or seen the original films, I was captivated by the story. One of the best movies I've seen this month, that's for sure.
- J Edgar - this had the potential to be good but I couldn't look past the terrible make up.
- Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace 3D - possibly the most boring 2 hours of my life so far. The 3D was truely terrible.
- Titanic 3D - the movie that you don't want to admit you love, but really you do. It's still good this many years on.
- The Artist - wow! Best actor goes to the dog but this is definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
- The Vow - sappy as I expected but not half bad.
- Moneyball - I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would (I can't stand baseball). Worth catching on DVD.
- Shame - I never want to see this again but it was fantastic. Michael Fassbender plays a sex addict - the story is so sad and at times awful, and the acting, brilliant. Love Carrie Muligan.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - five words. Extremely long and incredibly dull.
- Drive - Ryan Gosling at his finest. I love that guy. I love the soundtrack almost as much.
- We Need To Talk About Kevin - just as good as the novel. I hope I never have a child like that. Definitely watch this!
- Headhunters - I didn't know anything about this before seeing it but really enjoyed it. Some of the story was a bit far fetched but it kept me guessing so no complaints here.
- My Week With Marilyn - Michelle Williams played her so well
- The Fighter - the montages and commentary were a bit much and mixed martial arts is well down (probably right at the bottom) of my list of favourite sports...still, I only slept for 10 minutes in this one. Don't recommend it though.
- The Skin I Live In
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- Martha Marcy May Marlene
- The Hunger Games
- The Raid
- Titanic 3D
- The Avengers 3D
- The Most Fun You Can Have Dying
- A Separation
- The Muppets Take Manhattan
- The Lucky One
- The Women on the 6th Floor
- Attack the Block
- American Pie: Reunion
- The Way
- Good For Nothing
- Dark Shadows
- The Five Year Engagement
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
- Prometheus 3D
- The Amazing Spiderman
- Snow White and the Huntsman
- Cafe de Flore
- A Royal Affair
- Margin Call
- Magic Mike
- The Dark Knight Rises