Sunday, March 4, 2012

Newtown festival

I had a really great Sunday today. For starters I had my second day off this week. That was cause enough to celebrate. It was also pommy flatmate's birthday. We headed down to the Newtown Festival for a wander around the stalls spending a little too much and eating WAY too much.

I couldn't say no to this knitting yarn. I could only really afford two skeins (at $20 a pop) so had a hard time choosing. I ended up with a pale green alpaca/merino as the colourway was called Mr Darcy - how could I say no to that?! And also a reddish, pinky one. They are both incredibly gorgeous. I think one is destined to be fingerless mitts and the other might just sit there looking pretty for me to drool over until I find a purpose for it.


The yarns I bought sitting with my handmade booking. Crafty fun!

The other stall I couldn't walk away from was selling aprons. They were all so cute. I ended up with a babushka one. My flatmate got an apron too so I think I'll put some hooks up on the kitchen wall so we can show them off. 



The main reason we headed down there though was for the food. I was actually quite restrained today, not because I have good will power, but after a sausage sizzle, paua and mussel fritters, it was physically impossible to fit anything else in my stomach. 

Pommy flatmate enjoyed her once-a-year vegan sausage sizzle.


Then it was home for a cup of tea or three and knitting in front of a dvd. Later on I brought out the pav in lieu of birthday cake. Yum!


I will my day off would never end but alas I have to spend 12 hours at work tomorrow. Joy! That said I really should get an early night. Time to fill my hot water bottles (it's really that cold already *insert sad face here*) and hit the hay.

P.S I also bought a crochet hook today. Time to teach myself via YouTube I think! 

1 comment:

  1. your apron is super cute!! Mr Darcy wool - that's perfect for you :)

    ReplyDelete