Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day off

I've had really nice day so far despite the rain and chilly southerly blowing through. Surprisingly I was out of bed before midday and had a cooked breakfast and cup of tea or two with my flatmate before my friend picked me up to spend the afternoon with his family.

Their 5 month old is so gorgeous so I had a great time having a cuddle with her and playing with her toys. Whoever invented the jolly jumper was on to something - it looks like a lot of fun. She's been wearing a hat I knitted her last year and it's starting to look a little tight so this new one I'm knitting will be finished just in time. Hopefully I'll get to babysit for them one day soon.

Now I have the house to myself so I have the rabbit indoors, am going to cook fish pie for dinner and quite possibly polish off the rest of a block of Whittakers. Whoops. A pot of tea and a movie and I will settle in for a night of knitting. Yuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment