Thursday, March 22, 2012

The downside of grown-updom

One thing I don't like about being a grown up is having to be all sensible and responsible. Tonight I didn't get home from work until after midnight (and I have to be back there again before 9am) and so all I want to do is to hop into bed. Instead I had to venture back out into the rain to put out the rubbish and move the rabbit hutch along so it doesn't ruin the lawn. Then there's still dishes, ironing and washing to be done before I can sleep. This is when I start to dream about the freedom of only being responsible for myself and a backpack :-)

On a happier note I have a nice cup of tea and new episode of New Girl to watch while I do my chores and I just ate the most delicious apple - New Zealand Lemonade, I think the variety is called. I'm so going to buy some of them again! Also I am so close to finishing the last bootie in the hat/bootie set I'm knitting so it'll reach it's wee owner before the weekend and then I only have one more hat/bootie set to knit before I can start my winter scarf. There's also 3 hats to be knit and still that pesky tea cosy.... Hopefully I can knock quite a bit of that off next week - I've got a long bus ride to Rotorua...

No comments:

Post a Comment