Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday

Gosh I am tired! Being at work by 8am is getting to me (yes I know most people manage but finishing work at 3am is more normal for me) although it's been great getting home while there's still daylight. Tonight I had a friend and his girlfriend around for dinner which made for a nice evening with lots of laughter. Because I had only 45 minutes between arriving home and them arriving for dinner (in which time I needed to shower and clean the house) I cheated a bit and bought tortillas, black beans and some mince. With a whole lot of vegetables, a little cheese and sour cream, it made such a quick and yummy dinner. They brought over dessert and so it was stress and fuss free. Now I'm tired and so ready for bed.

Today I also met Juan Gabriel Vasquez, a Colombian author who's in Wellington for Readers and Writers week. I got a copy of one of his books and had it signed so I'm looking forward to taking it on holiday with me. I'm lagging a little on my book for March (only a chapter in) but I have Thursday off so I might spend it reading with copious cups of tea - I'm reading One hundred years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, another Colombian. I think I might continue with this Latin American theme and tackle one by Peru's Mario Vargas Llosa in May. Any suggestions for my June book are welcome.

My Handmade Booking Confirmation arrived as well. After a lot of umming and ahhing I finalised my choices. Day one will be: Cushion making, Ruth Pretty's Celebration Cakes, Two handed stranded knitting, Spinning. Day two: Cheese making, Fabric baskets, Crochet Garland and Sock Owls. I'm ridiculously excited. Bring on June!

2 comments:

  1. The handmade event sounds like good fun. Especially the cheese making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's probably the class I'm looking forward to the most. You should look into catching a couple of classes.

    ReplyDelete