I have a class shared lunch on Monday with a Pacific theme. I'm making pineapple pies as they're basically an empanada but with coconut cream in the pastry. COCONUT CREAM. The one thing I don't have on hand. Now I have a bowl of butter rubbed in flour sitting on the bench that I can't do anything with until the supermarket opens. Even more annoying is that I had to make a special trip to the supermarket already tonight to get tinned pineapple for the filling.
On a more positive note my grandparents arrived in Wellington bringing goodies from mum.
- one bag of lemons that will become lemon curd
- lots and lots of rump steak (empanadas in the making!)
- roasts (must be time for another dinner party...)
- a cake mixer (which I am so excited to use and is so big it will live under the table)
- my cake stand (my pavlovas have missed you!)
- and lots of tea bags
It was like Christmas.