Monday, September 5, 2011

It's official, I'm a right nana


I have a tidy bedroom! My flatmate bets it will last until Wednesday but I shall prove her wrong. it's been one week already (5 days of which I may not have been in Wellington). I've always been just a little on the messy side and having a tiny bedroom with no wardrobe doesn't help. However, it was uni holidays and so it got spring cleaned from top to bottom, storage containers were bought, photo frames that have been sitting there for months finally got filled and hung on the wall and a mountain of paperwork got sorted through and disposed of. And now I have a clear path from my bed to my door. Very handy!

Spot the hopelessy tangled ball of knitsch I've spent
 hours already trying to untangle



And I finallly hung up the photoboard I made with material I found at Fabricabrac
- sorry for the shoddy photo, too cosy in my bed to move!

I made lemon curd and jam and lemon curd over again while at my mum's. Not only is lemon curd delicious eaten straight from the jar, but also atop some homemade muesli with a little greek yoghurt fresh out of the new easiyo maker (can I give myself a gold star?! And it's even better in a trifle. With blueberries. Oh yes, I did!I also came back from the Waikato and got stuck into some gardening. Zoo Doo (number one for number twos - how's that for a slogan?!) delivered some dirt to our door and so I've planted lots of little seeds which I'll now need to find pots for. We even purchased a lemon tree before discovering the pots we gleaned are the indoorsy type without any drainage holes - need to track down a drill to fix that one. 

The pot garden

Flags have been hung in preparation for rugby world cup. I'm not letting an English flag get anywhere near the house though. Most importantly Maori TV has been tuned in, ready for some serious rugby watching from the comfort of my couch with a white 1987-style steinlager and a bowl of onion dip and salt and vinegar chips. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment