Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cheap Tuesday

Tuesdays seem to be the day a lot of businesses offer discounts, especially cinemas. I'm going to do something like that with this blog - a quick post about something that saves me money every Tuesday. 

Today's is MILK POWDER. 

$4.31 to make 4 litres of milk from powder vs 
$7.36 for 4 litres of Pak n Save's cheapest bottled milk

That $3 saving just paid for our tea bags. 

I think the glass milk bottle sitting in the fridge looks much cuter than an ugly plastic bottle too. 


4 comments:

  1. Thats ridiculous how much milk is back home. Here its $3 for 3 litres. Does the milk powder taste any different though?! We have some in our food storage and have to use it before it expires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have it lucky with your cheap milk, but at least we can get bananas for under $2kg hehe. It tastes exactly the same once it's been in the fridge. You can also use it in baking and you wouldn't know the difference. You should do an experiment - put it in the old milk bottle and see if your husband spots the difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do powdered milk when I was still living at home with my mum. Wow, that's a big saving hey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. huge saving. Nearly half price. Whenever I buy food for the food bank I always put in a bag of milk powder

    ReplyDelete