Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Postcard from Wellington: Government House

There's so much to see and do in Wellington for free or on the cheap. After over 5 years living here, I have my favourite places to visit and many that I've still not got around to seeing. My new goal is to do something 'touristy' every week or so.



This weekend was the open day at Government House. It's just had a multi-million dollar makeover but sadly I didn't get to look inside this time as the queue was so long they weren't letting anyone else join it.

We had a quick peek through the windows of the breakfast room though. Hopefully there's another open day next year. A few years ago I did a tour of the house and the thing that I remember most is that they use a ruler to measure out the place settings in the dining room and have to empty the salt out of the shaker straight afterwards because the shaker is made of real silver.

I could totally see myself at home here.


No comments:

Post a Comment