Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday night in

Today I got to work and was excited to see that our knives had been professionally sharpened. We store our knives on a magnetic block that attaches to the wall. I went to put our super sharp knifes back onto the knife block and the whole thing fell off the wall, sending a knife flying at me and slicing my finger. Murphy's law. Had it happened yesterday when all the knives were decidedly blunt, it wouldn't have even nicked the skin. It was rather funny. 

I never seem to hurt myself doing normal things like actually using a knife to cut. I have several plasters on my hands at the moment from a nasty burn I got from microwaving a piece of brownie, slicing my hand on a bag of salt, stabbing my palm with a toothpick, a cut from opening a bottle of lemonade.... I must be a seriously clumsy person! It reminds me of when I was 14 and snapped my toe in two places after running into a pole :-)

Right now I'm really happy to be tucked up in bed with a cup of tea and about to watch the first episode of season three Offspring. I seriously love that show! My other favourite at the moment is Go Girls. The gorgeous guy Brad in it is in a new movie coming out soon - The Most Fun You Can Have Dying - about a kiwi guy with a terminal illness that 'borrows' some of the money raised for his treatment and takes off overseas. It looks fantastic! 

I've just cast on some fingerless gloves to knit while I watch. That's a beige colour Rowan cashmerino - simply gorgeous!!!! It's 4 ply so I'm going to knit it double. Hopefully I'll have a new pair of gloves before the month is out.



No comments:

Post a Comment