Monday, April 30, 2012

Sew proud

Apologies for the cheesy title! Check out what I bought today. When you see it all in one pile it doesn't look that much considering what I spent! I took forever to choose those fabrics. I'm in love with the black and white one - it's actually got little deer on it. So cute.

  
I've borrowed a sewing machine off a friend so I'm going to try get some practice in this week before I have to return it, in preparation for Handmade weekend (as I'll be doing a couple of sewing classes and am a complete novice). 

It took a while, careful reading of the instruction manual and a quick squizz at a Youtube tutorial but finally I got the machine threaded up and was ready to start.  I've done the top part of the curtain - it's for our bathroom window. The seam's a little wonky but you won't be able to see that from ground level. It was quite tricky to keep it straight with that much fabric. My idea was to fold over an edge, sew it, leaving a gap where some string could be pushed through and then tying that around 2 hooks to hang the curtain. 


At the moment we have a fabric scrap pushed over two nails hanging there so anything will be an improvement. 

Completely unrelated but check out the flowers. I love having flowers in the house. These were actually given to my flatmate by our work after her gran passed away. As she flew to England the next day and isn't here to enjoy them, I've nabbed them for my room. Aren't they pretty?! They smell divine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment