Friday, April 20, 2012

Day off tomorrow

There's nothing quite like getting home from work and knowing that you don't have to be at work again tomorrow. Because I just had a day off only 2 days ago, I don't have to hang around the house catching up on things. Instead I have big plans. I'm going to go to the market, watch Pirates 3D, go out for a late lunch and then, weather behaving, go for a massive walk around the bays home.

Normally I'd spend a good chunk of a day off cooking meals for the week ahead but I'll be cooking for one for most of the next two weeks which is a good excuse to be lazy - things like toasted sammies for dinner or perhaps I'll indulge in some meat for a change. My flatmate, unfortunately, has to fly home to Europe for a couple of weeks as a relative passed away. I'm left in sole charge of the rabbit.

Right now I'm going to put on the kettle for a cup of tea and get out my knitting. I'm almost up to the thumb gusset on my first fingerless mitt - it's just getting exciting. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have a picture of a completed mitten to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment