Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day Off

It's my day off today so I've been out and about. I started the day at the market down on the waterfront. I got a huge haul for $20. I'm intending to parboil a whole lot of veges for the freezer and also got some quince to make jelly/jam. One of the stall holders gave me a bag of cauliflower for free so now I have 4 of them (and they aren't small!) to try and use up. I'm thinking soup and then freezing the rest for use in stir fries, curries and good ole cauliflower cheese. Buquebus will be happy eating all those stalks too!

I then watched The Muppets Take Manhattan on the big screen. It was awesome!

Handmade 2012 is only a month away and as I got paid yesterday, I decided to start buying everything I'll need for my classes. I may have gone a little nuts on cute fabrics at Nancy's. I avoided the yarn special basket though but only just. There was some adorable Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky in green for $10 a ball...I had to tear myself away.

Not so fun was my visit to Spotlight. I couldn't find half of what I was looking for, the staff weren't helpful at all and I just hate shopping in big shops like that with bad lighting.

Now it's time to cook up my haul of veges, tidy up and then sit down at the sewing machine. I'm going to attempt to make a curtain for the bathroom window. Hopefully I don't screw up too badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment