Thursday, April 19, 2012

Scarf, interrupted

I had planned to make a cabled winter scarf but I really wanted to start it while I was on leave and couldn't find my cable needle. I decided to do one with a very simple lace pattern instead. I had 7 balls of shepherd 12ply felted lambswool and figured that would be more than enough. It turns out I was wrong. Today I finished my last ball. It's still too short despite being as long as my bed! 
I've rung every yarn store in Wellington to see if they have any left - no luck. I'm now waiting to hear back from the knit world website. Looks like they have my colour way but I'm hoping I can get something of the same batch. 

The best thing about this pattern is that it's so simple you don't need anything written down and is rather mindless - perfect for knitting on public transport or in front of the telly or during my breaks at work. 



Now I can't do any more of it for a while, I've cast on some fingerless mittens in a beautiful beige colour in baby cashmerino. It's so nice knitting something for myself! On the other needles I have a just-about-finished bootie. I'm terrible at only knitting one thing at a time!

Have you any plans to knit something this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment