Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's

So how was your Valentine's Day? Did you do anything to celebrate?

I was celebrating not so much a day of love but my first day off work after a long 11 days. My day started with a sleep in and then discovering the washing machine had died. I'm exceptionally stoked that I'll have to do hand washing only until it gets fixed!

Then it was out to Lower Hutt with a friend to watch a girlie movie - The Vow. 

A quick trip home to bake a plum tart - which was ridiculously easy by the way - and a chance to check on the vege patch (cucumbers are just about ready) before heading back into town to watch another romantic movie...

Titanic in 3D. 

It was the first time in years that I'd seen it and it was as good as ever. Cheesy enough to have me shaking the seat with laughter a lot of the time, but with a young and gorgeous Leo and a whole lot of moments I didn't remember and a whole lot more that I could have recited word for word. A whole bunch of us watched it and with a slice of the aforementioned plum tart it was a great night out. 

Now that I'm home and have watched the first episode of Go Girls for the year it's probably time to hit the hay before work in the morning. Thankfully I have another day off on Thursday which I feel I'm in desperate need of as the house is in need of a tidy and there's a bit of weeding awaiting me in the garden so I'd love an around the house day. 

I'll leave you with a couple of photos of the garden. 

The apple cucumbers are finally starting to get big

The tomatillos (Cape horn gooseberries) are just about ripe


3 comments:

  1. we went to watch 'the vow' as well, was full of couples hahaha but was good to go out. what did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good for what it was - a sappy, romantic kind of movie to make you cry a bit. Loved their apartment too hehe sitting in a film eyeing up their cute kitchen stuff. So I liked it but the next day I watched the Artist and oh man, that is one brilliant film! Must have been nice going out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah it was good to get out. we had to take tahla though, since i'm still feeding but still good. i was a tad disappointed in the end, how it just ended but happy endings are nice lol

    ReplyDelete