Friday, February 24, 2012

El Bulli and tapas

Today (well actually yesterday now) was a fun day. It was technically my one day off for the week so after a bit of a sleep in, cooked breakfast and room cleaning I headed into work for 4 hours. No rest for the wicked. After that's when the fun started.

My flatmate, colleague and I went out to watch a documentary about El Bulli - the famous restaurant in Spain. It was incredible. The type of food they create is so amazing - it is cooking in the extreme. I'd love to get a hold of one of his books... in fact if I keep putting in these hours I might be able to shout myself one to take on holiday to read.

There was a deal going with our local Spanish restaurant, Osteria del Toro, where you could get tapas and a beer/bubbly for $15 with your El Bulli ticket. We weren't going to pass that up. The tapas were delicious, as were the mocktails (several weeks sober now, only a few more to go) and then we ended the meal with a dessert - or for me it was the ewe's cheese. Yum! I love trying something new.

After that we caught the late screening of Shame. It was brilliant but sad and awful all at once. I'd like to see more of Michael Fassbender's work. Note to self. Rent Hunger.

Now I really should get to bed as I have to be back at work in under 8 hours for a lovely 12 hour shift. Envious?


1 comment:

  1. Now you've made me all hungry! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete