Saturday, January 28, 2012

A tourist in Wellington

The sprog and I at Te Papa
Well I've had a fun couple of days playing tour guide around Wellington. Having my sister and niece to stay gave me a great excuse (like I really need one) to do all the fun kids stuff like visiting the zoo, watching Hugo again and exploring Te Papa. We also did a couple of grown up things like going out for Mexican, a coffee out at Chocolate Frog and for a drink at Mac's. Wellington lived up to its reputation and turned on the wind for us as we wandered down Lyall Bay beach (brr), hit up the op shops in Miramar (fondue set for 10 bucks) and posed with Gollum at the Weta Cave.

I took a few photos.

Lyall Bay

The playground at Lyall Bay

Roxy Cinema in Miramar

Figurines at Weta

Mr Bear joined us for dinner at Pan del Muerto

Enchiladas de mole (chocolate and chili), margaritas and stuffed jalapenos

No comments:

Post a Comment