Monday, January 30, 2012

Some beautiful vegetables

We just ate our first homegrown tomato. It tasted amazing. I reckon they look pretty darn good too. Especially this bunch - a traffic light of colours. That's probably my favourite thing about this time of year. Everything you put on your plate is so colourful and pretty. It makes eating your 5+ a day so much more interesting.

 

This was what was on the menu tonight. Leftover lentil and silverbeet lasagne with a garden salad. Everything except the capsicum, spring onion and avocado came from our small vege patch. It's topped with a Jamie Oliver salad dressing recipe - one of those ones that you shake up in a jar.

6tbsp plain yoghurt, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil and salt/pepper. So deliciously simple. You can't really see them but I tossed through some edible flowers for extra colour.  


I also tossed together some roast veges; some for tonight and the rest for tomorrow's salad. I couldn't help taking a picture because the colours were stunning. So much purple! It also has kamo kamo in it which is one of my favourite summer crops.



1 comment:

  1. It's great growing your own. Sadly I did not succeed so well this past season because I just became too busy with other things. Your meal looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete