Friday, January 20, 2012

Omelettes a la Julia Child

I have a feeling this week is going to be a long one. I picked up another shift (an extra 9 hours on a public holiday = money!) and so my next day off is Wednesday. I have to give blood on Wednesday morning too. Here's hoping I don't faint this time!

So when I came home from work yesterday, a slap up dinner was in order. We decided to make omelettes and follow Julia Child's recipe. We are big Julia Child fans, or rather her as played by Meryl Streep in Julie and Julia. The omelette recipe is several pages long including some rather detailed diagrams.



Apparently 2-3 eggs is the ideal size. You beat those with a fork and add herbs. Then heat butter in a pan and slide the pan back and forth. Then there was something about a 45 degree angle, banging the handle 4-5 times and then folding the omelette over... I followed the instructions while my flatmate read out each step.


The end result actually looked like an omelette. I'm sure with practice I will have them looking better but for the first time in my life I made an omelette that wasn't scrambled! Yuss! One more recipe to take off my 'things I fear making' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment