Monday, January 9, 2012

Sprained ankle and movie filled weekend

Last Thursday I was going to do a very short post saying only this:

Pain = doing a 10 hour shift in heels because you misplaced your work shoes.

However after a few too many drinks after work on Friday night and an incident with a step (the kind of incident where you don't see the step and fall over and land awkwardly on your ankle), I would like to revise that to:

pain = walking the three blocks to catch a taxi home on a sprained ankle even with colleagues propping you up. Ow! And embarrassing!

I decided to leave the visit to A & E until the next morning hoping that a few hours sleep would have sorted it out. Not so. I spent this weekend off work and on crutches and have another 2 days off to go. What an idiot! I can see physiotherapy in my future.

On the plus side I have plenty of time to knit, bake bread and watch movies. In fact I watched four films at the cinema this weekend (and even managed to help out behind the bar with one crutch holding me up. I just can't help myself).

I saw Melancholia (brilliant), Sherlock Holmes 2 (pretty good), Tintin in 3D (not really my cup of tea but alright) and the Muppets (hilarious!). While on leave I also managed to watch Happy Feet 2 and We bought a zoo which were both great too.

So today I'll leave you with a clip of the song I've had stuck in my head all weekend and if you haven't seen it already, go and watch the Muppets (and Melancholia too).


Isn't it brilliant?! Love Bret Mckenzie. Alright I'm off to start moving my non-heavy stuff to the other bedroom as we bid our jafa flatmate farewell today so I am upgrading to a slightly larger bedroom. Yay!



1 comment: