Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mumsie vs Cat

I went to water the back garden today and found it dug up with little paw prints all over the place. Those darn cats!!!! This is the new garden that I planted seeds in lovely straight rows last week and then tied string across to keep the cats out. Obviously that worked a treat!

Fortunately the Get growing weekly newsletter arrived in my inbox this week courtesy of mum with lots of reader tips about how to keep our feline friends away from the vege patch. Soaking tea bags in citronella and placing them around the garden sounds promising. We probably produce AT LEAST 10 used tea bags every day (and that's a slow day) at our house. Time to put them to good use. Now to scout out citronella oil at the local shops this week. In the meantime they also suggested leaving slices of lemon or spraying cider vinegar around the garden box so I'll see if we have any luck with that.

Neigbourhood cats. I declare war!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, and I was rather impressed with your attempt! I currently have a bird net that I'm holding down with bamboo stakes and so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was a bit gutted my attempts didn't work this time - hopefully these new tricks will work otherwise I might have to get some bird net too - perhaps I will need it anyway for the strawberries...

    ReplyDelete