Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In front of the telly, knitting

Just a quick post because it's impossible to knit and type at the same time (which is just cruel, really). I'm part way through a baby beanie that I really want to have finished by tomorrow as I'm going to see the little girl it's destined for this week and want to take the present along with me.

A while back I found a ball of pink Zealana cashmere merino in the sale basket at Nancy's for only $5. It was such a bargain and is so incredibly soft. That became a pair of booties and there was a little leftover so I knitted a flower to attach to the hat I'm making right now (in Naturally 100% merino, gray). Hopefully it will all come together and look as cute as I imagined it in my head.

I'm a little sad tonight as my favourite show just wrapped up it's first season :-( Does anyone else watch Nothing Trivial? I love how many really great TV programs have come out of NZ in the past few years (though I'm not going to lie, I'll watch anything starring Shane Cortese). Speaking of kiwi shows, Go Girls must be due to start up again soon; nothing better than sitting in front of something good on the telly with some knitting and a cup of tea (or tequila and orange as it was this evening...).

A photo I took of the man himself at the premiere of
The Lovely Bones a couple of years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment