Friday, February 1, 2013

Monthly movie round up

Last year I tried to watch every movie we played at my work and failed a little. I did, however, see an excessive amount of films, probably missing only 10 or so.

This year I'm trying to see as many as possible - whether we're playing them or not - but I'm not going to waste time on the ones I know I'll hate (like last year's Twilight and Battleship).

So here's my list of films I've seen so far this year...

The Hobbit 3D HFR w/ Dolby Atmos
Loved the Atmos and it's pretty cool to be the only place in Australasia with it. Was a bit over the whole Hobbit thing by my second viewing, simply because I can hear it from our office several times a day so I know it by heart

Django
Tarantino. What can I say? It's exactly what I expected of it and I loved it.

The Impossible
Never cried so much in my life. Some brilliant performances, especially by the kids.

Rise of the Guardians
Kiddie movie. My niece enjoyed it. I thought it was so-so

Les Miserables
Loved every minute of this (loved slightly less the minutes that Russell Crowe sang for though)

Anna Karenina
Period drama. Pretty dresses. Beautiful sets. Fantastic acting. Brilliant dance scenes.


This month I'm aiming to see Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty, Safe Haven (hehe), Life of Pi, A Good Day to Die Hard.

1 comment:

  1. lol i like twilight. i didn't see the very first movie for like aaages because of all the hype and didn't think it sounded great but the last movie would be one of my fav out of the saga. Can't wait to see what you think of Life of Pi.

    ReplyDelete