Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I might have accidentally booked another holiday...

After all that talk of possibly heading to the islands again, I booked a trip to Napier for Knit August Nights and then to Tauranga and to the farm. Then some cheap flights started to appear and I was sorely tempted. Another holiday in October to celebrate my 25th birthday a  little early as there's a certain event happening on my real birthday in November in Wellington that means I'll be busy working, not celebrating....

Tonga, Norfolk Island, Samoa, Fiji, New Caledonia - they were all cheap. Somehow I've ended up with a return ticket to Sydney instead! It was a hard choice between there and Melbourne but I talked my little sister into coming along too (not that it took much persuasion) and neither of us has seen Sydney so it'd be a little more of an adventure. I must confess I have an ulterior motive in visiting that metropolis too - Peruvian cuisine has actually reached there. And not just boring, very traditional Peruvian cuisine, but the modern, hip new take on it that's made Lima so famous in gastronomic circles. I'm thinking degustation menu and I can't wait!

Other than that I'm excited to see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and probably the zoo and perhaps Bondi? Who knows. I'll be there 5 nights in total, 3 with my sister so there's going to be plenty of time to soak up the sights (and some sun). Let the countdown begin. I wonder if there's any cool yarn stores there...?

Also does this count as ticking off a different Pacific Island before my 25th birthday? Australia's just one huge island isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment