Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friday night knitting

I've just finished the ribbing on my winter hat which is very exciting as it means it's time to dig out the cable needle. The yarn I'm using, Cascade 220, is really nice to knit with. The knitting would be made a little easier if I didn't have a heap of plasters perched awkwardly on my index finger.

 I managed to cut it at work tonight, right in the middle of a busy time. It would not stop bleeding (and in fact still hasn't) so I discovered I can make coffees, pour wine, open beer (just) and operate a till with one hand - the other wrapped in a wad of paper towels. For obvious reasons I avoided the food prep.

I'm so looking forward to Sunday, my day off. I intend to spend the day at home making croissants and in between resting the pastry, doing a lot of knitting. I have a pile of dvds to watch too. I finally joined the local video store.

Last night we spent a happy evening watching Mammoth starring my all time favourite actor, Gael Garcia Bernal, and Michelle Williams. On Sunday I'll be watching Blue Valentine - nothing like a Ryan Gosling fix to look forward to.

I'm hoping by the end of Sunday I'll be able to post a photo of a completed hat and scarf - still got to sew in those pesky ends, then it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment