Friday, August 3, 2012

Still alive...

It's been a long time between posts. My lap top has carked it after only a few months and I haven't found the time to take it back to the shop yet (borrowing my flattie's old mac but it's so very very slow). So no photos tonight.

It's a bit of a crazy time right now. We have the film festival on at the moment so I've been working a few more hours and starting much earlier in the morning. Of course this has come at the same time as the Olympics so between the early starts and very late nights watching the Games, I am exhausted and really looking forward to going on holiday in 3 weeks time! I'm limited to watching what's on Prime but I have to say watching canoe slalom is highly addictive.

The Olympics are a good excuse to sit in front of the telly so I've gotten a bit of knitting done and faffed about the internet a whole lot doing some research for my October trip to Sydney. I'll definitely be spending the first three nights in the city centre but after that there's the options of staying put there or heading out to a beach, the Blue Mountains or the Hunter Valley for a couple of nights. Decisions, decisions. First world problems aye.

On the knitting front I finished the baby hat I last blogged about. It turned out very cute. As I was making it up as I went along there are a few things I would change or improve next time. I do need to work on my bobbles. Hopefully I'll get my laptop sorted and some pics up next week.

Continuing with my list of things to knit over the winter, I've cast on a beanie for a xmas present. It's pretty plain, being for a man. It's in black cascade 220 with twisted rib and a rolled brim. Hopefully it will fit.

I had my first full day off work for the last couple of weeks today so got out into the garden. It's been so neglected over the winter. I've pretty much let it do it's own thing. Two Sundays ago we went to the garden centre to buy some plants and I only got around to putting them into the soil today! I planted more kale, New Zealand spinach and replaced some herbs that went missing from the pots on the front porch. Seriously, who nicks other people's pot plants?! So not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment