Thursday, July 12, 2012

A night out...

Today was my day off and rather than spend the day at home as I usually do, I headed into town to hit the shops and then spent a night out with some friends. I joined them at a pub for bingo and a burger. It was a lot of fun. I was quite proud that I stuck to my 'no getting drunk' rule even with two for $5 bubblies. I did have almost 5 drinks over the course of 7 hours which was the perfect amount ot have a good time without leaving the realm of happy tipsy. It's now been almost 6 months since I last drank a little too much and ended up on crutches for a few days and I have to say I definitely learnt that lesson! 6 months without a single hangover has been wonderful. Not like I had them that often prior to January but still...

My afternoon was spent trudging around store trying to find a decent pair of work shoes and a 'power blazer' - you know the kind that makes you look more important than you really are. All the blazers looked awful and reminded me too much of my blazer from boarding school, shoulder pads and all, so I settled for a 'power merino cardy'. Not sure it puts across the same message but I'm known more for being the good cop anyway...

Tomorrow I'm heading out to Karori. To my doctors but I'm sure while I'm there I'll fit in a visit to Knitting Pretty (or not, so much temptation!) and the second hand stores which always have a good selection of books. Perhaps a visit to the library cafe for a chili hot chocolate might be in order too. I did live out there for 18 months a few years ago so it's always nice to go back for a visit.


The rest of my week will be work and knitting as ususal. I'm going to have a wee dinner party on Sunday so I'll be trawling through my cookbooks for something to make. It's been ages since I had people around so I'll make the most of it with three courses...


No comments:

Post a Comment