Thursday, December 6, 2012

The takeaway dilemma

I'm still here but blogging has taken a back seat lately as I've been doing quite a few hours at work. If you don't know already I'm a manager at a cinema and we hosted a little party recently - otherwise known as a world movie premiere. It was a lot of fun although I'm very much looking forward to getting paid this week as my bank account took a hit with buying a dress, shoes, make up, a lot of takeaways etc etc. So worth it though!

The takeaways are something that I've been thinking a lot about this week. My diet has been shocking lately as I've been too busy to sit and eat properly during the work day, not organised enough to pack something nutritious in the mornings, and too tired when I get home in the wee hours of the morning to stay up an extra hour cooking. I think last week I ate takeaways every day - at least it's not doing bad things for my figure as that's pretty much the only thing I will eat in the day (more than 10kg lost since May) -  but at $10-$12 a pop my bank account is hating me!

So last night I set about fixing this. I made a huge fish pie, empanadas and a stack of toasties for the freezer. I think this afternoon I'll quickly make another pasta dish, pre-cut some fruit for smoothies and take the time to pack a healthy salad for dinner. On my day off I think baking a huge batch of scones is on the agenda. The takeaway joints aren't going to see a cent from me this fortnight! :-) No more excuses.








No comments:

Post a Comment