Saturday, February 11, 2012

A sunny Saturday and build up to Handmade 2012

Happy Saturday to you. The sun is out and I don't have to be at work until 5pm. To celebrate I'm going to hang out a load of washing since sunny days have been so few and far between this summer. I'm also about to head down to the vege market. The benefit of going down there later in the day is that they often drop their prices. Since we don't need anything that is prone to wilting - the garden being full of lettuce and spinach - there's no real downside and the bonus is I got to enjoy a Saturday morning sleep in.

Right now I'm indulging in a bit of online shopping as Buquebus has been so well behaved (and is getting friendlier by the day) I think he deserves a cat harness so we can walk him around the backyard. We did get a handmedown rabbit harness but he is a little on the chunky size and there is no way we can buckle it up.

And in exciting news tickets to Handmade 2012 go on sale in a fortnight. I have booked leave for Queen's Birthday weekend and have now narrowed down my classes. I'm splashing out on a $300 full weekend pass. 8 classes in 2 days. Here's what my weekend is looking like at the moment.

Saturday

  • Cheese making
  • Ruth Pretty cake masterclass or cupcake decorating
  • Two handed, stranded knitting
  • Lynda Hallinan masterclass: self sufficiency on a shoestring budget 
Sunday
  • Cushion making, oriental book binding or flax weaving
  • Spinning with a drop spindle
  • Tapa Cloth dying or wine tasting
  • Sock Owls
I'm having heaps of trouble choosing what to start my Sunday with as all three options sound like fun. What do you think?

It's going to be a great weekend, hopefully with some time spent in the knit lounge as well. Do you have any plans this year that you're really looking forward to?



No comments:

Post a Comment