Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One word. Snow!

Wellington's known for its wickedly strong winds and all around miserable winter weather (and it's uninsulated, unheated housing) but it never normally snows. In the last few years I've seen it once or twice, but it's never settled, and hasn't been down at sea level...until this week that is!

I left work yesteday afternoon to snow falling on Courtenay Place. I couldn't believe it and I didn't seem to be the only one with people leaning out of their windows, snapping photos on their phones and all with big, goofy grins on their faces that is when their tongues weren't poking out trying to catch snowflakes (unless that last one was just me?!).

Today I was at uni up in Kelburn and walked out of class and into the snow. And so instead of studying wandered around in it until I could no longer feel my fingers to snap photos.
















Snow!

And here's a link to a beautiful video of snow in the CBD today. http://vimeo.com/27709878

I hope there's more snow tomorrow! Except not too much that the buses don't run like they didn't tonight...that was one cold walk home!

No comments:

Post a Comment